- Bike, bikes should be in good working order.
- Helmet, All riders MUST wear helmets.
- Cell Phone
- Sunscreen and chapstick
- Emergency contact information
- Water - 1 oversized water bottle is good, 2 are better
- Fuel in the form of candy bars, energy bars/gel, nuts, banana, etc.
- Pump - a frame pump or Co2 securely attached to your bike or carried in a pack
- Spare Tubes - 1 is good, 2 are better
- Tire Levers - take at least 2
- Patch Kit - you may need more than those 2 spare tubes
- Money - to buy your friends coffe (or beer)
Nice to Have
- Bike gloves (fingerless for hot weather - full for cold)
- Vest or Jacket for cold weather
- Bike Shoes - if you have clipless pedals on your bike
- An open attitude and thick skin - as a new rider, be willing to listen to those around you and respond positively. Experienced club members will point out and instruct on safe riding habits. Come willing to listen and learn. Safety is number one with the United Velo Cycling Club - we are serious about it!